Twitter is not Cattle!
I just wanted to tell those of you new to twitter how i decide who to follow. At first when you are getting into twitter, you feel you must follow everyone. It seems to be rude NOT to follow someone. This seems to run more in women than men. Here is how I decide who I am going to follow. These criteria may help you find your own way as your list grows.
Who I WILL NOT FOLLOW ( or I will unfollow)
1) Your home listed on your twitter page is a squeeze page. You just met me and you are trying to sell me already? Geez.
2) You are thanking me for helping you make 1,000 or 5,000 or whatever number followers. I develop relationships on twitter, if you followed me to get an automatic follow to reach some magic number, I am not going to support that.
3) No web page listed. I do not know who you are. Only one guy I follow with no web page and he states, I am NOT trying to sell you anything , just a follow for follow. That is truly interesting to me.
4) You are following 1000 people and have 10 followers. Take is slow, I always think those people are robots and I unfollow. Build your list over time.
5) Constant negativity- we all have negative things we can talk about. However, if that is ALL you talk about, that is boring.
6) 1000 followers and 2 updates. How did that even happen?? I will immediately unfollow you.
7) MaG PYE, OR SOME twitterlike ad? If you just want to sell to me me, I will unfollow. I do not mind a referral to your event or even stuff you sell, however, if you are using that service, it means (to me) that you ONLY want to sell to me.
So , if you still want to follow me on twitter, I am Drwright1
Type in your rules below!
I’ll pick the best new rule on January 25th and send the creator a nice gift!