Media Training Basics
Lots of people are marketing themselves by doing more radio, tv, and magazine interviews. Even blog interviews can bring more people to your website if done correctly.
Here is a basic tip sheet on media training:
- Make sure the outlet is something your clients would read, watch and listen to.
- Have your sound bites together and memorized
- Have your website practiced so it easily rolls off your tongue
- Listen to the show or read the column before you go on, so you know what to expect
- If they take live callers, make sure your biggest fans call in also
- Know how far to take a controversy
- Know a little about the person interviewing you and refer to that during the interview
- Be ready with a free give away to get people to your site
- Throw in a little education, so that you get asked back
As you can tell, this is NOT enough media training to get you through an interview, it;s just a start. Media training is truly training with feedback!
If you would like to hear about Wright Place TV Media training sessions